The Simple Salt System provides swimming pool owners with a better quality of water while eliminating daily usage of harsh chemicals such as chlorine and bromine. Traditional salt systems can cause corrosion to the steel wall and top rails. More and more pool manufacturers will not warranty a pool that uses a traditional salt system. The Simple Salt System utilizes salt in a unique way, simply kick-starting the process, to provide better quality water that is also environmentally friendly and safe for your pool. It provides a controlled and testable amount of natural minerals, in this case, copper, of which the ideal range is between 0.3-0.5 ppm.
Shock is necessary with any pool maintenance program. Shimmer combines two of the most effective ingredients in water treatment, Calcium Hypochlorite and Sodium Tetra Borate. Calcium Hypochlorite is a fast-acting, short-lived bacteria stat. It is used as an oxidizing agent that strips away harsh chloramines without leaving a high chlorine residual. The calcium in this weekly shock replenishes calcium leaving the pool through splash out and prevents corrosion of vital pool equipment. Adding a small dose of Sodium Tetra Borate on a weekly basis ensures that your pool stays algae-free due to the lack of carbon dioxide in the water. Sodium Tetra Borate is also used as a water softening salt. It keeps your water silky smooth while also shimmering clear and does not irritate the skin or eyes. By using these highly efficient chemicals we are greatly reducing the time spent treating the pool water.
The Simple Salt System offers such advanced technology that it is truly a low-maintenance system; set it and forget it! Just remember to test your pool water weekly. There is even a water temperature display and system active indicator so you can rest assured that your system is functioning properly.
A 40 lb. bag of salt, one time only, on new pools will achieve a TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) level of 1000 ppm or greater, kick-starting the natural minerals. This will enable us to get a clear reading when testing for copper. Again, the ideal range for copper is between 0.3-0.5 ppm.
The Simple Salt System is environmentally friendly! By eliminating the need for daily sanitizers, we are helping the planet. You can even recycle the plastic chamber when the copper is depleted. When the chamber light illuminates, it is time to replace the chamber. The chamber will last one season on most pools. A number of factors will determine the life expectancy of the chamber such as pool size, weather, and usage.
The most important thing to remember is that the Simple Salt System is easy to use and safe for kids, pets, your swimming pool, and the planet!
Simple Salt System Chemical Program
The Simple Salt System utilizes natural minerals, such as copper and silver that acts as natural algaecides to treat your pool. By simply adjusting the dial, the natural mineral level can easily be maintained between 0.3 – 0.5 ppm.
Prime is the initial treatment used to prepare the pool water for the Simple Salt System. Prime is a sodium-based salt that is enhanced with not only borates but also metal removers and cyanuric acid. The sodium salts provide a medium through which the Simple Salt minerals may disperse while also softening the water. The metal removers eliminate counter-productive metals found in the water supply, such as iron and magnesium, that can cause staining. By eliminating these interfering metals, the natural minerals produced by the Simple Salt chamber will be more effective. The cyanuric acid, which works in conjunction with Power Boost Plus, prevents chlorine loss due to sunlight. The last ingredient, tetraborates, removes carbon dioxide from the water. All plant-based life, such as algae requires carbon dioxide to live. By removing carbon dioxide, algae can not grow. By adding Prime at the beginning of every season we are able to keep all of the other chemical levels to a minimum, thus simplifying a very effective process.
Power Boost Plus:
Shocking a swimming pool is always necessary. Prime combines a few of the most effective ingredients in water treatment, calcium hypochlorite, and sodium tetraborate. Calcium hypochlorite is a very strong, fast-acting, but short-lived bacteria-stat. In this case, it is used as an oxidizing agent that strips away chloramines without leaving a high chlorine residual. The calcium in this weekly shock replenishes calcium leaving the pool through splash out and prevents corrosion of vital pool equipment. Adding a small dose of sodium tetraborate on a weekly basis keeps the carbon dioxide out of the water, not allowing algae to grow. Sodium tetraborate is also used as a water softening salt, keeping your water silky smooth while also shimmering clear.
Vivid is a natural enzyme water clarifier. A common cause of water cloudiness and scum lines on swimming pools are tanning oils and lotions. As opposed to coagulate clarifiers that may clog the filter, the natural enzymes found in Vivid attack and eliminate oils and other contaminants in the water to maintain water clarity while minimizing filter maintenance. Adding Vivid clarifier saves your filter all of the stress while saving you time and money!
Shield is a specially engineered blend that is used when winterizing the pool. It is an all-in-one winterizing “kit” that does not require anything additional to close a pool down for the winter. Simply balance your water’s pH, alkalinity and add a 10 lb bucket of shield and you’re ready to cover your pool.
Start-Up for Simple Salt System
- Install on the return side of the filter in any direction. With no flow switch, the system utilizes a unique Water Flow Vibration technology.
- Turn the system control knob to (3) to start, be sure the green “Active” light is on when the pump is running. If the red chamber light is on, turn the dial down.
- During the initial fill, add the salt (40 – 80 lbs) one time only to achieve a 1000 ppm TDS level.
- Broadcast entire 25 lb bucket of Prime.
- Use test strips provided to balance the pH, Alkalinity, and copper.
Test Pool Water at Start-Up
- Alkalinity between 80 – 150 ppm.
- pH between 7.2 – 7.8 ppm.
- Calcium Hardness between 180 – 250 ppm.
- Balance mineral level (copper) between 0.3 – 0.5 ppm. (TDS must be over 1000 ppm). May take 1 – 3 days for the initial level to get within the ideal range.
- Iron and other metals should be zero.
Maintenance for a Power Ionizer System
- Weekly water test to balance all levels, including natural minerals (copper).
- Use the control knob to increase or decrease the amount of copper to within the ideal range of 0.3 – 0.5 ppm.
- Note: If the control knob is turned to “Maximum” it may shut down and illuminate the red “Chamber” light. Simply turn the control knob until the red light goes off and the green active light remains illuminated.
- The green “Active” light will be illuminated when the pump is on. This will give you the most accurate temperature reading as well as indicate your Simply Salt System is functioning properly.
- Shock every week with one bag of Refresh per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Pour one pint of Vivid (natural enzyme clarifier) directly into the pool every other week.
- Do not test for or maintain a chlorine residual once the mineral level is stabilized.
- To winterize, broadcast one bucket of Chill; remove and store the Simple Salt System in a cool dry place.
- The chamber needs to be replaced approximately every season; it could be more often on larger pools and /or warmer climates.
- Replacement is indicated by the red “Chamber” light illuminating.